Banana bread seems to be the bake of lockdown, but we’ll let you into a little secret; we were baking it way before quarantine started and know a thing or two about how to make a truly delicious one. If you’ve been wondering how to make banana bread that’s vegan, gluten free and healthy, look no further because we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Using our vegan banana bread loaf baking mix we’ve created a recipe and baking method that’s not only super easy (seriously, it takes a matter of minutes) but is genuinely good for you, too.
Packed full of organic, natural ingredients, our banana bread recipe won’t make you feel bloated or stodgy even once you’ve stuffed yourself silly. And the best news is we’ve jazzed it up with chocolate chips and raspberries to give you even more of a spring in your step.
We happen to think that bananas and chocolate go together better than jelly and ice cream. Both have a certain creaminess, an almost nuttiness, that when combined tastes just right. That’s why we’ve thrown some chocolate chips into our favourite banana bread squares, as well as sweet, tangy raspberries to give the recipe a little zing.
Can I make banana bread without eggs? (make this a heading in your website format if possible for Google to read it as a priority)
Making eggless banana bread is surprisingly easy. You don’t need eggs to make banana bread, in fact, the eggs mainly act as a thickening and binding agent which is easily replaced by other things like freshly mashed ripe bananas and vegetable oil.
Our banana bread baking mix can be used in vegan or non-vegan recipes, simply remove the eggs if you’d prefer.
Can I make banana bread without sugar?
You can certainly make yummy banana bread without refined, white sugar – which is the worst kind for you. We like to include some healthier, more natural sugars in our baking mix.
In our vegan, gluten free banana bread baking mix, we use organic unrefined cane sugar which is a raw form of sugar and is extracted straight from a sugarcane plant, making it less processed than white sugar.
How to make vegan chocolate chip banana bread
- 290g mashed banana
- 50g melted unsalted butter or vegetable spread
- 50g vegan dark chocolate chips
- 150g fresh or frozen raspberries (or any berries)
50g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180*C and grease a loaf tin with vegetable spread or oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine three mashed bananas and melted butter or vegetable spread. Add your banana loaf mix to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
3. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and raspberries.
3. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 35-40 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top - enjoy!